Thread poster: Clarisa Moraña

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:06
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Nov 17, 2009

I've been requested to review a huge Wordfast Pro file and I'm having a couple of issues regardng my job.
1) When I close a translation segment with a missing tag to go to the following one, there is no alert nor error message. If I'm not wrong, there is some kind of alert for missing tags. Where or how can I activate it.

2) I'm creating a termbase in Wordfast, and I can see that input terms are shown in red in the source window. But there is no window showing me both the source term and the target term, so I can instantly check if the translation is right. (I don't need to know that the term is in the terminology base, I need to verify if it has been correctly translated).

3) Is there any way to select a word or some words in the source term and do a concordance search without having to rewrite them in the TM lookup window?

I'm not sure if I was clear enought regarding what I need. icon_frown.gif

Kind regards

Clarisa

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 01:06
English to Arabic
Answers Nov 17, 2009

Dear Clarisa,

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

1) When I close a translation segment with a missing tag to go to the following one, there is no alert nor error message. If I'm not wrong, there is some kind of alert for missing tags. Where or how can I activate it.

If you turned off the warning, this would apply to the current session only. Restart Wordfast Pro and it should work again.

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

2) I'm creating a termbase in Wordfast, and I can see that input terms are shown in red in the source window. But there is no window showing me both the source term and the target term, so I can instantly check if the translation is right. (I don't need to know that the term is in the terminology base, I need to verify if it has been correctly translated).

Place the cursor on the coloured term. A yellow tip should appear including the target equivalent stored in the glossary. Is that what you mean?

Clarisa Moraña wrote:

3) Is there any way to select a word or some words in the source term and do a concordance search without having to rewrite them in the TM lookup window?

Double-click the source cell to unlock it. Now, you can select a word or phrase from the source text and press Ctrl+Alt+L to find a list of results appearing in the TM Lookup pane. You can select the result you like and press Ctrl+Alt+M to insert it into the target cell or you can simply copy just a part of the result.

I hope this answers your questions. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:06
French to English
Answers to your questions Nov 17, 2009

1. Go to Edit > Preferences, select Transcheck from the list on the left side, and then check the boxes for Enable Transcheck and Active Transcheck.

2. Any term selected in the source will display the term's translation(s) at the very bottom of the interface to the right of the project languages.

3. Double click the source segment to make the text available. Then you can select any text you want and press Ctrl+Alt+L or click the TM Lookup icon at the right side of the command toolbar.

NOTE: Make sure that you are running the most recent version of Pro because Transcheck became available in a more recent version.

Jamie

Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 20:06
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Nov 17, 2009

Dear Jasmin and Jamie

Thanks for your input. It worked!

Kind regards

Clarisa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quality control & Terminology management in WF

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search