Thread poster: lauradiel

lauradiel  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:55
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
Nov 23, 2009

Now and then I get this very annoying problem (especially with longer translations and during the revision, when I'm going through the translation for a second time):
WF considers part of the tags (i.e. a parenthesis) as a segment. As a result, it spoils the tag of the following segment. Sometimes I can manually reinsert the tag, but usuallly all delimeters disappear and Source and Target segments are merged together. I use MS Vista.
Has anyone experienced the same?

Thanks

John Fossey  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:55
Member (2008)
French to English
Occasionally Nov 24, 2009

Happens to me occasionally. Now that you mention Vista, I have both XP Pro and Vista and I think it only happens on the Vista machine.

It also happens sometimes when the last character on a line is a superscript or subscript. I don't have any answer though. Sometimes I have closed and reopened Word and it seemed to go away, as if its a Word macro problem.

lauradiel  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 17:55
Member (2009)
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no solutions? Nov 25, 2009

Thanks John. Nobody else has this problem?
When it starts it's hard to get rid of it, even if I close and reopen the file. It seems to come and go without a reason.

Clinton Muoto  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:55
Member (2009)
Polish to English
Try one of these Nov 25, 2009

The following solutions have at one time or the other been suggested by members of the Wordfast Yahoo Group:
Solution1: Close Ms-Word. Find normal. dot on your hard disk, delete it. Restart (Ms-Word will re-create another normal. Dot).
Solution 2: Cut-off the entire affected paragraph. Copy back the affected portion of the document from backup copy and continue with segmentation.
Solution3: Undo until segment delimiters reappear and then manually repair the offending tag.

[Edited at 2009-11-26 00:37 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

delimiters disappear

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search