https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/152276-wf_does_not_recognize_the_abbreviations_i_entered.html

WF does not recognize the abbreviations I entered
Thread poster: Spanish-English Translator
Spanish-English Translator
Local time: 21:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 1, 2009

I added some abbreviations separated by commas at Startup > Setup > Segments. Although the abbreviations appear in the relevant box, Wordfast 5.601 segments the text at the abbreviation points. What is going wrong? Thanks and regards, AT

Marjolein Verhulsdonck-Roest
Marjolein Verhulsdonck-Roest
Netherlands
Local time: 02:32
English to Dutch
+ ...
Spaces in between? Dec 1, 2009

Did you enter spaces in between? (Like this: e.g., ltd., inc., i.v., i.e., etc.) You have to leave those out (like this: e.g.,ltd.,inc.,i.v.,i.e.,etc.), otherwise WF will not recognize the abbreviations as such.
Hope this helps.
Regards,
Marjolein

Local time: 21:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Dec 2, 2009

Thanks, Marjolein. I entered the abbreviations without spaces and it is working. Best regards, AT.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF does not recognize the abbreviations I entered

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »