Is it possible to highlight/identify repetitions within the source text?
Thread poster: Helen Veitch

Helen Veitch  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Member (2006)
Japanese to English
Dec 8, 2009

Hello!

Does anybody know if it is possible to actually identify within the source text the segments that have been counted as repetitions?

The source text analysis tells me that there are 45 repetitions. My client wants to know precisely which segments these are. I`ve raked through the Pandora`s Box section of the manual but can`t find anything. It can`t be done... can it??

I also have access to Trados, but I am not a huge fan, and assume that if Wordfast can`t do it Trados has no chance. I suppose I am open to persuasion...

Thanks, any ideas appreciated.

Helen

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 08:50
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Extract Dec 8, 2009

Helen Veitch wrote:
Does anybody know if it is possible to actually identify within the source text the segments that have been counted as repetitions?

If it is Wordfast Classic, do an Extract. The Extract produces two files, namely one with all the unique segments and one with all the repetitions. WFC's extract function can be buggy, though, so count the lines in the repetitions file to make sure that there are 45 of them before sending it to the client.

Helen Veitch  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:50
Member (2006)
Japanese to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 8, 2009

That seems to be the best solution!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is it possible to highlight/identify repetitions within the source text?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search