Wordfast alignment working badly
Thread poster: Tomasz Borkowsk
Tomasz Borkowsk
Local time: 22:48
Dec 8, 2009

Hi there,

I've got a serious problem with WF alignment tool. It used to work fine. Unfortunately, today, after aligning two documents, when trying to merge two or more cells, or transfer a text from one cell to another in the same language column, only the text from the last cell remains, and text from all previous cells gets deleted.

Thus alignment is in fact impossible. I don't have a clue what to do, does anyone have? Please help.

Yours,
Tomasz.

Direct link Reply with quote

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Reinstall PlusTools? Dec 8, 2009

Tomasz Borkowsk wrote:
Thus alignment is in fact impossible. I don't have a clue what to do, does anyone have? Please help.

Have you tried deleting the PlusTools dot file, downloading the latest one, and reinstalling it?

Tomasz Borkowsk
TOPIC STARTER
Newly installed Plustools - only copying works Dec 8, 2009

Thank you very much for your suggestion, Samuel - in fact I did just that - installed the newest file available on the WF website. My platform is Wind. XP, Word 2007, Wordfast 5.61 k, but it doesn't work either with Word 2000, so it must be something else than a possible software incompatibility.

In fact what I can do within the Alignment table is to copy text stretches to previous cells without marking the end-of-segment symbol in the table from which to copy. I've discovered it some time before. But merging cells always results in removing the stretch in the first cell to be merged with the next one(s).

Best regards,
Tomasz

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast alignment working badly

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search