Can I control background of pasted target text?
Thread poster: Russell Jones

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:59
Italian to English
Dec 16, 2009

I use Wordfast Classic and am a very basic but regular user.
Following Henry's urging at recent conferences I have been experimenting with Machine Translation (as a tool, requiring substantial editing).

However, if I paste a suggestion from Google Translate into the target segment box, it appears in a white field with the original grey (or green) around it; in the cleaned documents it usually, not always, appears on a faint grey background.
So I am now dictating the result, using Dragon, which may help improve the translation but certainly negates any time benefits.

This does not happen with Bing Translate, though it is too soon for me to say whether this tool is worth using.

Is there anything I can do to rectify this phenomenon? Any suggestions gratefully received.

Direct link Reply with quote

Terry Richards
France
Local time: 23:59
French to English
+ ...
Paste special Dec 16, 2009

Edit > Paste Special > Unformatted text.

That should do it.

T.

Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:59
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect Dec 16, 2009

Thank you very much Terry.

Terry Richards
France
Local time: 23:59
French to English
+ ...
Make a macro Dec 16, 2009

You're welcome.

I use this command so much in WordFast that I've created a macro for it and assigned a toolbar button and a hotkey to it!

T.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can I control background of pasted target text?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search