Wordfast PRO: can I select and use more than one TM at a time?
Thread poster: Valeria Ricciardi

Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 20:17
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 17, 2009

Goodmorning.

I am new to Wordfast PRO and I am receiving from the client multiple TMs for different batches of the same project. Is it possible to select more than a TM at a time searching in multiple TMs using the TM lookup?

I have been trying to do it following this path: File -> Open Project -> Preferences. In the tree on the left I select Translation Memory and Local, add the TMs I need and select the respective check box. The problem is that I get a warning message saying that the TM I added already exists and it will be overwritten. The result is that I get a blank TM!

At this point I think I am skipping some stage in the TM selection. Could you please help?

Thank you all

Valeria

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 21:17
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Read the "manual" Dec 17, 2009

You can go here: www.wordfast.com/Wordfast_T/Wordfast_6_T_Help.htm and read the relevant steps, under "Managing Projects" > "Creating or opening a TM".

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
"Open" not "New" Dec 17, 2009

Valeria Ricciardi wrote:
The problem is that I get a warning message saying that the TM I added already exists and it will be overwritten. The result is that I get a blank TM!

Dear Valeria,

While you are in the "Translation Memory" window, make sure your click on "Open" not "New" button.

This is a common mistake made by new users causing what you described. But once you notice that, everything should be OK.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Succeded! Dec 17, 2009

Thanks a thousand Yasmin! I did exactly what you said a couple of minutes ago and everything seems to work perfectly now!

Kindest regards

Valeria Ricciardi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast PRO: can I select and use more than one TM at a time?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search