Wordfast PRO: can I select and use more than one TM at a time?
Thread poster: Valeria Ricciardi

Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 09:02
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Dec 17, 2009

Goodmorning.

I am new to Wordfast PRO and I am receiving from the client multiple TMs for different batches of the same project. Is it possible to select more than a TM at a time searching in multiple TMs using the TM lookup?

I have been trying to do it following this path: File -> Open Project -> Preferences. In the tree on the left I select Translation Memory and Local, add the TMs I need and select the respective check box. The problem is that I get a warning message saying that the TM I added already exists and it will be overwritten. The result is that I get a blank TM!

At this point I think I am skipping some stage in the TM selection. Could you please help?

Thank you all

Valeria

Direct link Reply with quote

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:02
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Read the "manual" Dec 17, 2009

You can go here: www.wordfast.com/Wordfast_T/Wordfast_6_T_Help.htm and read the relevant steps, under "Managing Projects" > "Creating or opening a TM".

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
"Open" not "New" Dec 17, 2009

Valeria Ricciardi wrote:
The problem is that I get a warning message saying that the TM I added already exists and it will be overwritten. The result is that I get a blank TM!

Dear Valeria,

While you are in the "Translation Memory" window, make sure your click on "Open" not "New" button.

This is a common mistake made by new users causing what you described. But once you notice that, everything should be OK.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Valeria Ricciardi  Identity Verified
Italy
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Succeded! Dec 17, 2009

Thanks a thousand Yasmin! I did exactly what you said a couple of minutes ago and everything seems to work perfectly now!

Kindest regards

Valeria Ricciardi

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast PRO: can I select and use more than one TM at a time?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search