Wordfast Pro - Automatic change to words in the terminology when copying source to target
Thread poster: Mohamed Mehenoun

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 08:32
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
Dec 20, 2009

Hello,

I'm using wordfast Pro for a project I have.

Whenever I copy the source in the target it adds any term in the terminology after the term to be translated.

i.e. if I have Captain in the source I end up with Captain Captain when I copy it to the target.

Is there a way to turn down this option ? As I can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks.

Moh

[Edited at 2009-12-20 04:45 GMT]


 

Tally Fenney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:32
English to French
+ ...
Have you found a solution Jan 10, 2010

Moh,

I have a similar issue. If I import a .tmx file into Wf Pro, all entries get duplicated and I end with doubling the number of TUs that I had to start with.
If you have found a solution, it may work on my problem too.

Tally


 

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:32
English to Arabic
Copy Source + Propagate Jan 10, 2010

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Whenever I copy the source in the target it adds any term in the terminology after the term to be translated.

i.e. if I have Captain in the source I end up with Captain Captain when I copy it to the target.

Is there a way to turn down this option ? As I can't seem to figure it out.




Dear Mohamed,

Currently, "Copy Source" also "Propagates" terms' equivalents from the active glossary. In future releases, there will be an option to disable that.


Thanks for your feedback!

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net



[Edited at 2010-01-10 18:06 GMT]


 

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 09:32
English to Arabic
TMX Jan 10, 2010

Tally Fenney wrote:

I have a similar issue. If I import a .tmx file into Wf Pro, all entries get duplicated and I end with doubling the number of TUs that I had to start with.



Dear Tally,

Your issue is completely different from Mohamed's. Are you sure you use the latest version of Wordfast Pro? You can download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

If the problem persists, could you please explain the steps you follow and how you knew that the TUs have been duplicated.


Thanks in advance!


---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net



[Edited at 2010-01-10 18:21 GMT]


 

Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Algeria
Local time: 08:32
Member (2008)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jan 10, 2010

Thanks !

 

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 09:32
English to Polish
+ ...
a way around it? Jan 14, 2010

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

Whenever I copy the source in the target it adds any term in the terminology after the term to be translated.

i.e. if I have Captain in the source I end up with Captain Captain when I copy it to the target.

Is there a way to turn down this option ? As I can't seem to figure it out.




Dear Mohamed,

Currently, "Copy Source" also "Propagates" terms' equivalents from the active glossary. In future releases, there will be an option to disable that.


I think there's a way around it. Just discovered that Ctrl-Alt-Ins copies sources to all target segments (or empty ones? or chosen by other criterion?) and does so without inserting terminology equivalents.


 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro - Automatic change to words in the terminology when copying source to target

Advanced search


Translation news related to Wordfast





SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search