Wordfast Pro 6 Trial HTML and HTM unsupported file format
Thread poster: Sebastian Guajardo Romero

Sebastian Guajardo Romero  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
Dec 29, 2009

I'm trying to translate HTML and HTM documents (such as http://www.times.com/) on Wordfast Pro 6 trial version, but it shows this error message: Unsupported file format HTM

Is it because of the web page, the trial version, or some type of conversion I have to make before translating?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 13:49
English to Arabic
WFP supports HTML files Dec 29, 2009

Dear Sebastian,

Sebastian Guajardo Romero wrote:

I'm trying to translate HTML and HTM documents (such as http://www.times.com/) on Wordfast Pro 6 trial version, but it shows this error message: Unsupported file format HTM

First of all, please make sure you download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

You can open HTML files directly without any problem.

As for HTM files, you need to change the extension from HTM into HTML. That is how you can open HTM files in Wordfast Pro.

-----------------------------------

If you want to add the HTM extension to WFP to be able to open it directly without changing the extension, you can follow these steps:

- WFP > Edit (menu) > Preferences > Formats > New > Text Based Filter
- In "Extension" textbox type, *.htm
- In "Conversion Rules" browse (using "..." button) to locate a property file called: HTML.properties. Its location should be similar to that:

C:\Program Files\Wordfast\rules\HTML.properties

- Click OK to save.
- Later, you can rename the filter (optional).

Now, you should find the extension *.htm among the supported formats while you try to open a file.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Sebastian Guajardo Romero  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:49
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
HTML Support Dec 31, 2009

Dear Yasmin,

Your answer has been a lot helpful to me. I'm trying to perfect my knowledge of this software, so I really appreciate your help.

Thanks again!!!!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 6 Trial HTML and HTM unsupported file format

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search