Thread poster: Tally Fenney

Tally Fenney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:44
English to French
+ ...
Jan 1, 2010

Hi !

I have had various problems importing a .txt TDB into WordfastPro. Reading previous posts from the Forum has been of tremendous help as I:
1. Realized the import has worked even though WF said the TDB was empty
2. sorted out the asterisk question

I have however a niggling remaining problem. I have only managed to partially import my file. I started with a small 130 units glossary but only managed to import about 80. No clue why the others did not make it across. There is really nothing special about the terms.

I'm trying the free version at the moment and as far as I know, only the TM is limited in size. Does anyone know if the TDB is limited too ?

Many thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Nathalie

Direct link Reply with quote

Tally Fenney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:44
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The answer Jan 2, 2010

I'm answering my own question for the other lost souls that may be wondering too...

I found the answer from Yasmin on the Yahoo group

the problem was in initial asterisks, i.e. asterisks within the first three letters of any word of the term, which is not supported yet. Any other asterisks (in the middle or the end) should be OK and functional.

I had checked for "initial asterisks" which for me meant the one at the beginning of a word - new knowledge is any within 3 letters of the beginning of any word. Alleluia - I can got to bed !

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Partial import of TDB into WordfastPro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search