Thread poster: Tally Fenney

Tally Fenney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:43
English to French
+ ...
Jan 6, 2010

All

I have a general question about Wf Pro's capabilities.
When I have used MetaTexis in the past, it provides at the end of a translation, various statistics such as % translated manually vs leveraged with TM, time spent per segment, etc...

I have been going through the help manual in Pro but have not found the same. Does anyone know if this is an existing functionality?

The only thing I have found is Analyze that will look and report % matches with a specific TM (seems that it can only be done one TM at a time, so does not give an overall picture).

Thank you all !
Tally

Direct link Reply with quote

Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:43
French to English
Re-analyze after some translation Jan 6, 2010

One thing you can do to check your current progress is re-analyze the source file after you have translated part of the TXML (working file). There will be a percentage difference in the 100% and 0% - 74% categories. Simply subtract the original 100% total from the new 100% total for progress made (or subtract the new 0% - 74% total from the original 0% - 74% total for progress made). In the example below, 2% progress has been made.

Jamie

Analogy segments words char. %

Repetitions 9 21 78 5%
100% 0 0 0 0%
95% - 99% 0 0 0 0
85% - 94% 0 0 0 0
75% - 84% 0 0 0 0
_0% - 74% 165 1387 7553 94

Analogy segments words char. %

Repetitions 9 21 78 5%
100% 4 23 126 2%
95% - 99% 0 0 0 0
85% - 94% 0 0 0 0
75% - 84% 0 0 0 0
_0% - 74% 161 1364 7427 92

[Edited at 2010-01-06 17:27 GMT]

Tally Fenney  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 6, 2010

Thanks a lot Jamie,

Is there way to do the analysis across several TMs at the same time ?

Also, I was wondering, when several TMs are used at the same time, where does the new text get saved to ? Is it the one with the highest priority or is there a menu to pick one ?

Regards,
Tally

Jose Ruivo  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
HTH Jan 6, 2010

Is there way to do the analysis across several TMs at the same time ?

If we're talking about one document you already have open, yes, it's quite simple.

In the Edit menu chose Preferences, and then Translation Memory, Local. Mark the boxes of the TMs you wish to use.
Next, in the Editor perspective (default), having your document open, chose Translation Memory, Analyze.

Also, I was wondering, when several TMs are used at the same time, where does the new text get saved to ? Is it the one with the highest priority or is there a menu to pick one ?

You can pick the one(s) you do NOT want to update, and as a result the remaining TM used will be updated.

Suppose you wish to use 2 TMs you already have listed. Chose Edit, Preferences, Translation Memory, Local, and mark the boxes of the 2 TMs you want to use, in the Selected colum.
Of these 2 TMs, mark the box of only the one you do NOT wish to update, in the as Read Only column.

Good luck,
Jose

Jamie Lucero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:43
French to English
Only one TM with 2.2.4 Jan 6, 2010

In version 2.2.4, Translation Memory > Analyze shows the list of active TMs and forces me to choose one TM. Are you using a different version? Nonetheless, even if it makes one choose a TM, this method can be used to quickly check each TM for leveraging stats. Another solution to this is to temporarily combine all the TMs in question and then run a single analysis.

Read-only is definitely the answer as far as receiving translation and not writing to the TM. However, care should be taken because any TMs that are selected and not marked "read only" are written to.

On a final note, TM order of priority is from top to bottom and can be changed with the green up and down arrows in the same settings area. Translations are served in order of priority.

Jamie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wf Pro - General document Statistics

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search