Thread poster: alfredn

alfredn
Local time: 02:00
English to Polish
+ ...
Jan 8, 2010

Hi all,

The problem is as follows.
During translation I changed my mind concerning the translation of a given segment. So I went back to the beginning of the document to adjust the places where this changed segment occurred. While entering them, these segments were of course red framed. Pressing Ctrl+Alt+M I can flash a small window which shows the changed version of the translated segment.

Now the question: is there any way (key combination ?) to copy the modified version of translation straight in the place of the red framed old version. If the changes are substantial correcting "by hand" is time consuming. Copying and pasting from the "changed-translation-frame" is also inconvenient because the changed text is in smaller font which needs additional resizing.

Thank you for any pointers.

Łukasz

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:00
French to English
ALT + right & left arrows Jan 9, 2010

This key combination will cycle through all the options in the TM for the given segment. Much quicker than doing it by hand!

Also, when you are copying/pasting into a segment, try ALT + F12 to reproduce the formatting quickly.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Updating the changed (red framed) segment

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search