Thread poster: Jessie Nelson

Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:51
French to English
Jan 10, 2010

Hello everyone

I have had it with Trados 2009.
For whatever reason, it does not consistently work properly and in my opinion, the support system is terrible.
I am thinking about buying another tool, and have learned the hard way to inquire about the support system from those who are already using.
Please let me know what you think.
Jessie

Direct link Reply with quote

trebla
Canada
French to English
Go for Wordfast Jan 10, 2010

Wordfast Classic 5.5
MS Windows Vista

I bought Wordfast a few months ago, and I had a query which I e-mailed in. I got a reply withing 12 hours, and the reply answered my question perfectly.

The price is reasonable, and you can download the trial version free of charge and give it a good workout.

You can also download the 2 user manuals from their site.

If you have to work on a job that has a Trados translantion memory and/or glossary, they can easily be converted for use with Wordfast.

Jessie Nelson  Identity Verified
United States
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for Wordfast opinion Jan 10, 2010

Hi Trabla

Thanks for your fast reply.
This Trados is driving me nuts, and I have really invested 7 months trying to get it to function
consistently. I have requested a full refund, but I think I will buy Wordfast now anyway as I
need to work!

Jessie Nelson RN BSN
French/English Medical Translator

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:51
English to Arabic
Wordfast Support Jan 10, 2010

Dear Jessie,

I would rather prefer that you hear the community opinion about Wordfast Support efficiency and quickness. In the meanwhile, I would like just to highlight some facts:

- When you get Wordfast, you are entitled to use both Wordfast Classic and Wordfast Pro as well as to access the Hotline Service.

- Each client has an account at Wordfast website at which they can *easily* have access to their licenses and the Hotline Service.

- To open a new hotline ticket, log-in (wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password mentioned on your invoice. Click on 'Contact the Hotline' and click on 'Hotline/support for Wordfast Classic/Professional'. Submit your ticket.

- A Wordfast support representative gets to you within a few hours (if not in few minutes) even in weekends and holidays.

- We highly recommend you try Wordfast before purchasing it:

You can download and install the latest version of Wordfast Classic available at:
http://www.wordfast.net/index.php?whichpage=downloadpage

You can download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

You can also join Wordfast Yahoo groups:
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/Wordfast
http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/WF_PRO

If you have any question, please feel free to let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-01-10 23:08 GMT]

Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 18:51
English to Russian
+ ...
Positive experience with Wordfast support Jan 11, 2010

I have been in touch with Wordfast people a couple of times and their response was within several hours and helpful. They have several trainers who respond to support queries.

One thing about Wordfast support system that I particularly like is that you do not need to contact the staff to re-license your copy of Wordfast after you reinstall your system. It is all done automatically within seconds via the Wordfast website.

[Edited at 2010-01-11 01:17 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Support

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search