Alignment of HTML or other tagged files
Thread poster: rosie_longley

rosie_longley
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:02
Jan 20, 2010

Hi,

Is it possible in Wordfast Classic to align two HTML or tagged files (using PlusTools)? If so, is it an easy or complicated procedure?

Thanks!
Rosie

FarkasAndras
Local time: 21:02
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Remove tags Jan 20, 2010

I don't think +tools can remove tags, although I never tried.

I'm guessing you don't want the tags to be left in there, right?
So remove them before aligning.
I use a sed script that I got off the internet, but that requires that you have sed, which is installed in linux by default but on Windows systems you'd have to install it which is probably not worth bothering with. It's about the only method that will work well with files of any size (think 500 MB+) but you probably have small files so any of a number of solutions will work.
You could try one of the several online tag strippers or whatever google tells you to use.

Marina Aleyeva  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 22:02
English to Russian
+ ...
Yes Jan 20, 2010

I am not sure if you can open HTML files directly in Plus Tools, but at least you can open them in Word and save as doc files, then align as usual. It may take you a bit longer than with normal doc files depending on how complex your web-page is (in my experience, you are more likely to find bits of the target text in the source text column than if you were dealing with native doc files), but the procedure is basically the same.

[Edited at 2010-01-20 22:02 GMT]

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 21:02
French to English
Why not? Jan 20, 2010

I have never done it, but I don't see any potential problems, as long as the files have already been tagged with Plustools beforehand ... a word file is a word file, right? Even tagged, it should still be possible to do it with Plustools. Best way to find out is to do a trial run.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Alignment of HTML or other tagged files

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search