Basic WordFast Pro question re:numbers
Thread poster: Andrea Shah

Andrea Shah
United States
Local time: 11:54
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jan 24, 2010

I'm translating a medical study from Portuguese into English, and it's time-consuming to re-enter all of the numerical values which occur in the study, given that there's no actual translation necessary. How can I approach this problem to minimize my time spent re-entering data?

I've tried to consult the knowledgebase for WordFast with little success. I'm very new to CAT tools, and learning as I go, so please be gentle.

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxNMR
France
Local time: 17:54
French to Dutch
+ ...
Alt + insert Jan 24, 2010

which copies the source text of the current segment.

When WF Pro takes a segment in the TM, it doesn't seem to "adapt" the figures in this segment, as did WF Classic. So in the huge PPT file I translated last week, and which contained figures and tables, I had the choice:
- either using the match found in the TM and retype the figures
- either copy the source as described above, and translate the text, leaving the figures unchanged.

[Modifié le 2010-01-24 13:27 GMT]

Shashi Kant Singh
India
Local time: 21:24
English to Hindi
+ ...
More easy method! Jan 28, 2010

If your TM prompts some matches found in the TM, copy it and press Alt+Insert. Your source will be copied in the translation cell. Now put the cursor wherever you like to paste the match you have copied. How simple! Is it?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Basic WordFast Pro question re:numbers

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search