Thread poster: Marcela Robaina Boyd

Marcela Robaina Boyd  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 24, 2010

Hello.

Beautiful Sunday afternoon in Uruguay, and spending it studying wordfast... y metiendo la pata!

I edited my BTM just now, cleaning and "deleting" (is that possible) all redundant lines.

Now, how to I save it? Unfortunately realized too late that BTM is read-only. I selected all (CRTL+A) the lines, copied them and pasted them into a new TM, but it copied and pasted all the lines, including the redundant ones which supposedly I had deleted.

Any help will be ENORMOUSLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Marcela

Direct link Reply with quote

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 18:21
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
bak Jan 24, 2010

marcella,

there would be a bak file (backup) for the BTM. usually it contains the situation before the latest modification.

you can check: in case your bak BTM, is quite larger in Mb-s, than it still contains all, or most of the previous content.

if so, archive or move the actual smaller BMT, and rename bak into operative BTM, with txt extension.

D

Marcela Robaina Boyd wrote:

Hello.

Beautiful Sunday afternoon in Uruguay, and spending it studying wordfast... y metiendo la pata!

I edited my BTM just now, cleaning and "deleting" (is that possible) all redundant lines.

Now, how to I save it? Unfortunately realized too late that BTM is read-only. I selected all (CRTL+A) the lines, copied them and pasted them into a new TM, but it copied and pasted all the lines, including the redundant ones which supposedly I had deleted.

Any help will be ENORMOUSLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Marcela

Marcela Robaina Boyd  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 14:21
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dragomir. Jan 26, 2010

You were very helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing BTM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search