Thread poster: Marcela Robaina Boyd

Marcela Robaina Boyd  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jan 24, 2010

Hello.

Beautiful Sunday afternoon in Uruguay, and spending it studying wordfast... y metiendo la pata!

I edited my BTM just now, cleaning and "deleting" (is that possible) all redundant lines.

Now, how to I save it? Unfortunately realized too late that BTM is read-only. I selected all (CRTL+A) the lines, copied them and pasted them into a new TM, but it copied and pasted all the lines, including the redundant ones which supposedly I had deleted.

Any help will be ENORMOUSLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Marcela

Direct link Reply with quote

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 15:25
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
bak Jan 24, 2010

marcella,

there would be a bak file (backup) for the BTM. usually it contains the situation before the latest modification.

you can check: in case your bak BTM, is quite larger in Mb-s, than it still contains all, or most of the previous content.

if so, archive or move the actual smaller BMT, and rename bak into operative BTM, with txt extension.

D

Marcela Robaina Boyd wrote:

Hello.

Beautiful Sunday afternoon in Uruguay, and spending it studying wordfast... y metiendo la pata!

I edited my BTM just now, cleaning and "deleting" (is that possible) all redundant lines.

Now, how to I save it? Unfortunately realized too late that BTM is read-only. I selected all (CRTL+A) the lines, copied them and pasted them into a new TM, but it copied and pasted all the lines, including the redundant ones which supposedly I had deleted.

Any help will be ENORMOUSLY appreciated.

Thanks.

Marcela

Marcela Robaina Boyd  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:25
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Dragomir. Jan 26, 2010

You were very helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Editing BTM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search