Thread poster: Pavle Perencevic
Pavle Perencevic  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:48
Member (2002)
Serbian to English
+ ...
Jan 27, 2010

I bought Wordfast Professional in December 2008. Until recently, I never bothered to install the license as I did not use Wordfast much (I prefer to use the classic version), and when I did, the documents were small. (I never exceeded the 500 TM unit mark.)

The other day I installed the .lic file that I got when I purchased Wordfast. I went through all the
steps in License Manager and got the message "The license certificate was successfully installed." But when I restarted Wordfast and opened License Manager again, it said "License file is not installed" and I couldn't enter any number in the "Install number" box.

I downloaded another license from Wordfast's website, uninstalled and reinstalled Wordfast, but Wordfast still loads in demo mode. Apparently, I can't get any help from Wordfast either because my access to something called "hotline" conveniently expired less than a month ago. I would appreciate any help with my problem!

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 19:48
English to Arabic
Install No. incorrect? Jan 27, 2010

Pavle Perencevic wrote:

The other day I installed the .lic file that I got when I purchased Wordfast. I went through all the
steps in License Manager and got the message "The license certificate was successfully installed." But when I restarted Wordfast and opened License Manager again, it said "License file is not installed" and I couldn't enter any number in the "Install number" box.

Dear Pavle,

This means that your .lic file is not properly installed. Please go to "Help" menu > "Licence Management" and see your Install No. Is it same as your .lic file name? If not, so you need to re-license by entering your shown Install No. into our online licensing system.

You can watch this small video, describing WFP licensing steps:
http://www.wordfast.com/wf_pro_license.htm

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Pavle Perencevic  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 10:48
Member (2002)
Serbian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Jan 28, 2010

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Dear Pavle,

This means that your .lic file is not properly installed. Please go to "Help" menu > "Licence Management" and see your Install No. Is it same as your .lic file name? If not, so you need to re-license by entering your shown Install No. into our online licensing system.

You can watch this small video, describing WFP licensing steps:
http://www.wordfast.com/wf_pro_license.htm

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Hi Yasmin,

Thanks so much for your prompt response! The problem was that I couldn't see any Install No. in the Licence Management window - until I installed all the upgrades, and then it all worked like clockwork. It's in full mode now

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licence installed - Wordfast still in Demo mode

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search