TAB keyboard shortcut equivalent in Wordfast PRO
Thread poster: xxxTomasz Czura
xxxTomasz Czura
Local time: 18:56
Polish to English
+ ...
Feb 13, 2010

Hi,
I'm currently trying to migrate from Wordfast Classic to Wordfast PRO, but the latter seems to be lacking a very handy keyboard shortcut, i.e. TAB.

In Wordfast Classic pressing the TAB key would copy words (one by one) from the source segment to the target segment - a tremendous help when you need to leave some of the words untranslated in the target text.

Do you guys know if it's possible in Wordfast PRO?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Not yet! Feb 13, 2010

A very helpful shortcut indeed... hopefully this feature will be added in upcoming releases!

John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.wordfast.fr

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:56
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
+1 Oct 31, 2010

I find that the kb shortcuts in Pro are not as handy as they were in classic anyway. I don't like any of the ALT + numeric keypad shortcuts. Try to do this on a laptop w/o a numeric keypad...
I imagine there must be some good reason, but I hope Pro will adopt all of the classic shortcuts because I work with both and going back and forth slows me down.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Yes Oct 31, 2010

Tomasz Czurak wrote:

In Wordfast Classic pressing the TAB key would copy words (one by one) from the source segment to the target segment - a tremendous help when you need to leave some of the words untranslated in the target text.

Do you guys know if it's possible in Wordfast PRO?

Dear Tomasz and All,

You can place the cursor in the target cell and press Ctrl+Tab to "Copy Word". Hold Ctrl and press Tab again and again to change the source word copied to the next one.

Moreover, in Wordfast Pro 2.4 (and later versions), by default the new feature AutoSuggest (or AutoComplete) is activated. It works for numbers, Capitalized words/phrases (even those whose the first letter only is capitalized), URLs and email addresses. One can type the first letter or digit in the target cell to get suggestions on the Auto-Suggest list.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

Lianne van de Ven  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:56
Member (2008)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Thanks Oct 31, 2010

Thanks Yasmin. I just discovered it as well, by browsing through the key list under preferences and trying the short cuts. I was also able to change the alt + insert (for copy segment source) to alt + / which is closer to my thumb and the arrow down key.

Is there a way to get a hold of a printed list of the default kb shortcuts as it appears here?

Lianne

btw: I love that auto-suggest feature. It works very well.

[Edited at 2010-10-31 22:41 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TAB keyboard shortcut equivalent in Wordfast PRO

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search