Wordfast clean up when source document was converted from pdf
Thread poster: Elizabeth Hill Barsanti
Elizabeth Hill Barsanti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:26
Italian to English
Feb 15, 2010

I stupidly used Wordfast on a document that was converted from a pdf to word format, and I can't clean up because Word keeps recovering it, so Wordfast doesn't get a chance to clean up.

Is there a way to stop Word from recovering, and clean up my translation?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 11:26
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
cut and paste special Feb 15, 2010

Close Wf. I speak now about Wf Classic. Clean the TM of unnecessary duplicate segments, i.e. should remain those most recent ones, the line is: same source + attributes.

Cut the source text and copy paste-special as unformatted text, back into document, save. The text in this way, will be free of any strange signs left by OCR.
Translate again the text with the TM by means of "translate" in the tools menu, or translateuntilnomatch, the second is better, because keeps formatting, although in your case, your text does not possess any formatting.
Save, clean up the document. That's it.
Inform. Regards, Dragomir

eahill wrote:

I stupidly used Wordfast on a document that was converted from a pdf to word format, and I can't clean up because Word keeps recovering it, so Wordfast doesn't get a chance to clean up.

Is there a way to stop Word from recovering, and clean up my translation?

Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast clean up when source document was converted from pdf

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search