Thread poster: Maiko Hata

Maiko Hata
United States
Local time: 01:24
English to Japanese
+ ...
Feb 26, 2010

Hello,

I had the most strange experience with Wordfast (version 2.2.2, my PC runs on Vista). It's been a bit slow ever since I started using it on my new Toshiba laptop (vista) a few months ago, but this morning, I received a dreadful email from my agent - she told me that the segments didn't match.

So here are the problem:

= Wordfast runs reeeeeeeeeally slow.
= It saved unmatched sgements - so if I translated (and double checked before submitting the file) A - A', B - B' (A and B being the source, A' B' being the target Japanese), when I opened the file this morning, it was like A - C', B - D', and sometimes C - tag 31 (where did this come from!?).

Fixing it wasn't extremely painful after I figured out if I clear the target and then do the ALT down to pop up the 100% match (thank god the TM was intact!), but it made me feel really nervous.

Does this happen to a lot of people? How can I fix it? Should I uninstall/install the program again?

I would appreciate any help you could spare! Thank you very much, and happy translating (and hopefully no mishaps like this!).

Maiko

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 11:24
English to Arabic
Upgrade Feb 26, 2010

Dear Maiko,

Maiko Hata wrote:
Should I uninstall/install the program again?

Yes, it is better to completely uninstall the version you have of Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "No". (Make sure you first back up your glossaries, if any.)

Then, please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional (2.2.4) available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

As for the speed issue, the current version (2.2.4) should be better in this regard. The next version due in March should offer much better handling, as well, because it will allow you to control the usage of RAM.

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-02-26 20:27 GMT]

Maiko Hata
United States
Local time: 01:24
English to Japanese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 26, 2010

I'll try that and hopefully that'll solve the problem! Thank you

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast saved uncorrectly and extremely slow

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search