https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/159532-problem_while_writing_txml_document.html

Problem while writing txml document
Thread poster: Justine Sherwood
Justine Sherwood
Justine Sherwood  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 22:13
Dutch to English
+ ...
Mar 4, 2010

I am trying to open a Word document in Wordfast but keep getting the error "there was a problem while writing txml document". I've tried converting the file to Word 2003 and text formats but I get the same error.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.

Justine

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Files, please! Mar 4, 2010

Justine Fischbach wrote:

I am trying to open a Word document in Wordfast but keep getting the error "there was a problem while writing txml document". I've tried converting the file to Word 2003 and text formats but I get the same error.

Does anyone know how to resolve this? Thanks.

Justine

Dear Justine,

Could you please send me the problematic file.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Lex Zhou
Lex Zhou
China
Local time: 04:13
English to Chinese
+ ...
It has nothing to do with specific .doc file Aug 22, 2010

I've encountered the same problem, and after several times of failed attempts, I decided to uninstall wordfast pro and reinstall. And nothing changes. (I didn't delete user data such as projects and local TM, maybe that matters?)

So, it came to me that, why not test the .doc files that have already been processed successfully by WFP? I did it and find out the error still occurring. The file that is previously ok with WFP now gives the "writing txml" error.

Basically I t
... See more
I've encountered the same problem, and after several times of failed attempts, I decided to uninstall wordfast pro and reinstall. And nothing changes. (I didn't delete user data such as projects and local TM, maybe that matters?)

So, it came to me that, why not test the .doc files that have already been processed successfully by WFP? I did it and find out the error still occurring. The file that is previously ok with WFP now gives the "writing txml" error.

Basically I think it's the internal logical bug of the program.

Version I've tested: Wordfast Pro 2.4.0.1 win, DEMO MODE.
System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64

[修改时间: 2010-08-22 06:13 GMT]

===========solution added==========

Temporary solution is found:

Completely uninstall WFP including user data (you can manually backup them in advance), and reinstall the program. Everything should be ok after that.

Note: I happened to manually delete .eclipse folder in my home directory (C:\Users\xxx\) in advance, and I doesn't know whether it matters or not.

[修改时间: 2010-08-22 06:25 GMT]

[修改时间: 2010-08-22 06:26 GMT]
Collapse

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 03:13
English to Thai
+ ...
Also problem on conversion to the heavy-text-box-and-graphic target MS Word document? Aug 22, 2010

I did not search for recent issues of WFP but yesterday I met with bad and corrupted conversion of a lengthy 59-page medical trial *.doc file with plenty of text boxes and graphics. A New York translation agency gave me the "clean" file to do QM. I saw that all text box contents became messing. I did neither get the source file nor did TXML file by myself. I had this type of error when using Trados 2006. I remedied it by splitting into many smaller files. Is it a PC memory constraint, Word defec... See more
I did not search for recent issues of WFP but yesterday I met with bad and corrupted conversion of a lengthy 59-page medical trial *.doc file with plenty of text boxes and graphics. A New York translation agency gave me the "clean" file to do QM. I saw that all text box contents became messing. I did neither get the source file nor did TXML file by myself. I had this type of error when using Trados 2006. I remedied it by splitting into many smaller files. Is it a PC memory constraint, Word defect, missing TXML codes/tags? I use WFP 2.4.0.1. Or is it due to the WFP demo mode --license was in another PC-- of proofreading by me (I did not do file cleaning myself, I had not source file in hand at that moment.)

Best regards,

Soonthon Lupkitaro
Collapse

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Memory Preferences Aug 29, 2010

Dear Soonthon and All,

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.) wrote:

a lengthy 59-page medical trial *.doc file with plenty of text boxes and graphics.

In addition to the corrupted installation that "transmixer" mentioned as a possible reason for such error for any regular file, a very big file can be a problem in itself. In this case, a possible solution could be going to Edit > Preferences > Memory Preferences and selecting a higher value.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 03:13
English to Thai
+ ...
Many thanks Aug 30, 2010

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

In addition to the corrupted installation that "transmixer" mentioned as a possible reason for such error for any regular file, a very big file can be a problem in itself. In this case, a possible solution could be going to Edit > Preferences > Memory Preferences and selecting a higher value.

Thanks, Yasmin. You are always here to assist us. In the job quoted above, I already set to larger memory size but Java Virtual Memory error occurred. This might have has the cause of the corrupted file during my QM process. But file conversion to TXML was error free initially.

Soonthon Lupkitaro

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Which version of which Wordfast? Aug 30, 2010

Justine Fischbach wrote:

Which version of which Wordfast is this?

Paul Reeve
Paul Reeve  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Opening and saving doc file in OpenOffice did it for me Mar 15, 2011

I had the same problem with a Word document and found that by opening it in OpenOffice and saving it again (still as a .doc file) I was then able to open it in Wordfast Pro with no problem.

Valentina Sarno (X)
Valentina Sarno (X)
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Openoffice fixed it for me too Jun 18, 2011

Just to say thank you saved me hours of possible grief
As ad addition, in case Wordfast support reads this, I noticed that opening it with Openoffice revealed a Quicktime errore in a logo pasted in my file, which was concealed in Word. No idea how it got there but clearly Openoffice got rid of it. Yay!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem while writing txml document

Translation news related to Wordfast

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »