Thread poster: Stefan Stefanov

Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:44
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Mar 28, 2010

Hello,
Just tried Wordfast Anywhere for the first time. Quite smooth and great for proofing a document by someone who doesn't have WF Pro installed. But...

After I finished working, I tried downloading the file. I get the File Download dialog, choose Save, but it doesn't ask me where to save the file. Tried a few times, after that did a thorough search for the file on my PC but I could not locate it.

That seems to be a big problem...

PS. Just stumbled upon an even bigger problem:
1. I changed the Downloads setting in Firefox from "Always Ask me" to C:\My Documents\Download.
2. The file WAS downloaded there, so that's some progress here.
3. WFP says "Invalid document format detected"...

So, what do I do?

[Edited at 2010-03-28 14:49 GMT]

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 06:44
English to Arabic
"Translate All" Mar 28, 2010

Stefan Stefanov wrote:

3. WFP says "Invalid document format detected"...

Dear Stefan,

What is the extension of this downloaded file? Is it a TXML file?

A quick fix is to open the original source file in Wordfast Pro, open the TM, and pre-translate it against the TM using the toolbar button "Translate All".

Still, you can send me the files if you need more help.

Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The downloaded file is .TXML. Mar 28, 2010

The downloaded file is .TXML.
I actually uploaded an already translated .TXML file so that another person can proofread it. After the proofing was completed, I downloaded the ready file as described above, and tried opening it...

Lydia Brady  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:44
French to English
+ ...
wordfast anywhere Mar 29, 2010

The file usually downloads as translated_file, so search in your usual download folder for that filename.

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translated file name contains source locale Mar 29, 2010

Lydia Brady wrote:

The file usually downloads as translated_file, so search in your usual download folder for that filename.

No, it doesn't. If the original file is "Job2222.doc.txml", when you choose "Download translated document WF Anywhere produces a file by the name "Job2222.doc_bg-BG.txml". The "bg-BG" in this case is my source locale, which makes things even more confusing, because I'd expect the translated file would contain the target locale, not the source.

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:44
Updated version of WF Anywhere Apr 1, 2010

Hi Stefan,

We have published a new version of Wordfast Anywhere that should resolve the issue that you were having with TXML files. However, the source file will need to have been uploaded after this fix.

Please let me know if this helps.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tested - Fixed! Apr 1, 2010

Hello Krystina,

Just tested WFA with the exact same file. The downloaded TXML file now opens without any problem on WFP. Fixed! Good job, thanks!

I have a question, though: I'm not sure what file exactly I should get when I download via the "Save Translated Document File" option - a cleaned file, maybe? As in "Save Translated File" in WFP?

If so, here's another problem. The said option downloads a file which is exactly like the one, obtained via the Download Txml File option, e.g. "Job*****(Original_Bulgarian)_1.doc.txml" - the name and contents and file type of the uploaded file, the downloaded TXML file, and the "translated file" are the same.

[Edited at 2010-04-01 23:06 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't find downloaded file from Wordfast Anywhere

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search