International Translation Day 2018

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event September 25-26th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

WFC - spellcheck problem - Word 2007
Thread poster: Lori Cirefice

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:00
French to English
Apr 3, 2010

I have a pesky html document and spellcheck is not working for some reason. First of all, the document was too big, I got an error message about too many mistakes and Word couldn't spellcheck. So, I split it up into manageable chunks (between 7000 - 9000 words each) and re-set the language to French-France (for some reason, it was set to English - UK) and changed Word settings to "check spelling while typing" again. Automatic language detection is turned off.

Now Word is recognizing the French (source) but when I open segments, the target segment is also being identified as French, so every word I type in US English has a red lineicon_frown.gif

My TM has the proper language codes (FR-FR and EN-US), what could be the cause of my problem? Help - I really need spellcheck as I type here because this is one of those hard-to-read documents with lots of html code with a little text interspersed ... I need those red lines to work properly so I can catch my typos and mistakes easily.

WFC 5.52, Word 2007, Vista

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 17:00
French to English
TOPIC STARTER
ahhh... Apr 3, 2010

I think I have determined where the problem lies, I am using CNTRL + spacebar a lot to prevent the internal tag style from bleeding onto the rest, and that is when things go wrong.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WFC - spellcheck problem - Word 2007

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search