Clean-up stopped working.
Thread poster: Terry Richards

Terry Richards
France
Local time: 01:01
French to English
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

For no obvious reason, clean-up just stopped working. If I go to the main dialogue/Tools/Clean-up it goes through the motions and creates a bak file but the clean-up report is all zeroes and nothing is done to the source file.

Strangely enough, the quick clean-up on the tool bar still works fine.

Nothing obvious has changed and this has lasted through several reboots.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Terry.

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
something got corrupted... Apr 8, 2010

Maybe wordfast.dot or normal.dot got corrupted somehow, try deleting and reinstalling wordfast.dot to see if that helps?

Terry Richards
France
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed it... Apr 8, 2010

Thanks Lori. That wasn't it but it got me thinking in the right direction.

The real problem was a loose nut behind the keyboard!

On the Tools tab, I had turned off all the checkboxes except for header/footer. I had good reason to do that at the time but then I forgot to turn them back on. Being as dumb as any other software, Wordfast was doing what I had told it to do instead of what I wanted it to doicon_smile.gif

Thanks again,

T.

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
LOL! Apr 8, 2010

Would you believe that I have also been guilty of doing the exact same thing in the pasticon_smile.gif and I didn't even think to tell you to check that first.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clean-up stopped working.

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search