Wf Classic TM-s from Windows - in Wf Pro on Mac
Thread poster: Dragomir Kovacevic

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 05:32
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
Apr 7, 2010

Well, the question might seem superfluous if we use Wf TM-s created in Windows surrounding, in our Wf Pro-s on Windows too; the usage should be regular, no glitches, the internal encoding was UTF-16LE and supposedly those tms- could be used normally on Windows PC-s.

The point is that Ms Office 2004 on Mac uses UTF-16BE for encoding of its Wf classic memories (the Wf classic placed in the MS Word 2004), and the direct usage of TM-s arrived from PC-s is not possible.

(This very evening, seeing a comment msg in my AD Viewer on Mac, saying: "This TM seems to be in UTF-16 for Intel (a.k.a. little endian). AD Viewer converts it into PowerPC format (a.k.a. big endian)... - I understood the very reason for this distinction of two UTF-16 flavours, ante-Intel and post-Intel on Mac-s.)

I'd like to spare me of doing extensive testings, and would appreciate receiving some notions whether I could use Wf classic TM-s from Windows (UTF-16LE), in Wf Pro on Mac, directly. And preferably, as read only tm-s, since all previous tm-s should be in this way or another, read-only. My presumption is that Wf Pro on Mac could only use Wf Classic TM-s born from Wf Classic under Mac, and skip reading anything originating from Windows zone.

However, I tend to believe that Wf Pro on Mac, can use both UTF-16 flavours indifferently, or should do so.

Thank you, Dragomir

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wf Classic TM-s from Windows - in Wf Pro on Mac

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search