How do I set up Wordfast Classic (or another CAT tool) to work with vocalized Hebrew?
Thread poster: Chris Lovelace

Chris Lovelace  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 09:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Apr 8, 2010

How do I set up Wordfast Classic (or another CAT tool) to work with vocalized Hebrew?

Here is my system configuration:

Currently, I am using Wordfast Classic, Windows XP, and Word 2002.

I would like to set up Wordfast (or another CAT tool, if I need to acquire it) to translate the vowel-pointed Hebrew used in one of my two Bible programs: BibleWorks7 or Logos. I have the option to convert the text to Unicode, though this makes it more difficult to read.

I have noticed that Word seems to handle the text better if I set the language to Arabic, though this still sets the (defective) cholem apart (ie, Word treats it as a consonant instead of a vowel point). I would prefer to install Hebrew support that alleviates this issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any help!

NOTE: I have also posted this question in the HEBREW forum.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search