JAMTranslations
United States
Local time: 11:24
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
Apr 15, 2010

Hi everyone -

Is there anyone who can tell me if this is possible, and how to do it? I am supposed to translate only a portion of the doc, and the formatting is complex so I would rather not cut and paste into a new document, which is the first solution that springs to mind.

Thanks!

Joy

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 20:24
English to Arabic
Use the "Hidden" format Apr 16, 2010

Joy Daniel wrote:

can tell me if this is possible, and how to do it? I am supposed to translate only a portion of the doc

Dear Joy,

You can use the "Hidden" format (Font > Hidden). Any text formatted as "Hidden" in the original doc will not be imported to Wordfast Pro.

After you finish the translation and "Save Translated File", you can mark all the text as un-hidden again before delivering.

I hope this helps.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

JAMTranslations
United States
Local time: 11:24
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I will try that - thank you! Apr 16, 2010

Yasmin, thank you - I'll give it a try.

Cheers,
Joy

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro, excluding part of a Word file from translation

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search