Thread poster: PCovs

PCovs
Denmark
Local time: 00:52
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Apr 16, 2010

When I have sent out a translation for proofreading and get it back, how can I spot the segments that have been changed?

Before sending the translation, I check it for spelling and I click [Commit to TM], so when I get the proofreading back, should I not be able to see not-100% matches in the segments, that have been changed?

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Version? Apr 16, 2010

PCovs wrote:

Which version of Wordfast do you have?

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 01:52
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Does Wordfast support that? Apr 16, 2010

Normally, the proofreader should have left those segments uncofirmed, so that you can view only those and either confirm them as they are or change them again (if you don't like the proofreader changes) and then confirm them, segment by segment. But I don't know if this is possible in Wordfast. Other software, such as MemoQ and, even more, Across support that. Across, in fact, has several states for a pair of segments, like "touched", "proofread", and "translated", precisely for workflows like the one you describe. But then again, each software provider follows his own system, which should really stop. They should agree on some common standards, which each manufacter can then elaborate and expand upon. We need STANDARDS, people—TMX on its own is not enough, there are so many other areas that call for agreement among CAT tool providers.

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PRO 2.3 Apr 16, 2010

;o)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to spot changes in proofread file?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search