Help with WORDFAST PRO
Thread poster: Pierre Mikaël Ligavan

Pierre Mikaël Ligavan
France
Local time: 11:26
Spanish to French
+ ...
Apr 16, 2010

Can s.o. help me with a word preview in wordfast pro. I bought the licence a few months ago and the preview does not work.

It would be welcome if I could send the files to s.o. who has wordfast pro to extract the translated file and send it back to me, rather urgent.

Many thanks for your help!

Translation-Pro  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
What you could try Apr 16, 2010

Hello Pierre,

To create the preview, you need to click on the word icon in the horizontal bar at the top of the screen. Your translation will then be displayed as a table with all the translated segments. The file name will be something like txml_preview_25889. You can save this file by clicking on "Save as" (under "File"), changing the file name (e.g., to txml_preview_25889_saved) and specifying the location you want to save it to (e.g., Desktop).

To save the translated file as a word document, you need the original file (as far as I know).

Hope this helps.

Pierre Mikaël Ligavan
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you but that's precisely what I did. Apr 16, 2010

THank you for your quick reply. Still, I proceeded the way I usually do, that is true the process you indicated, but the word preview does not even open.

It is an urgent matter and it looks like it is going to take me a lot of time, would youmind if I send you both files and try yourself?

I would appreciate a lot, it will help me to sleep this w.e.!

Many thanks in advance,

Pierre

Translation-Pro  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Sure, I'll try to save the preview for you Apr 16, 2010

Hi Pierre,

Just send me the files via my Proz profile page.

Best,

Christa

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help with WORDFAST PRO

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search