https://www.proz.com/forum/wordfast_support/162926-wf_classic_not_accepting_relicensing_on_new_laptop.html

WF Classic- not accepting relicensing on new laptop
Thread poster: Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia
Susanna Garcia  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:19
Italian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
Apr 17, 2010

I have a new laptop, Acer Aspire 5810TZG. I transferred my TMs from the old laptop and they worked without problem when I used them again on the original documents (Word 2000) to check everything was fine.
The problem is with new documents where I get a message insisting I am over my 500 TUs and that I either need to relicense or buy one.
I've done this twice now, going through the relicense process, but I'm still getting the same message. I'm obviously going round in circles -
... See more
I have a new laptop, Acer Aspire 5810TZG. I transferred my TMs from the old laptop and they worked without problem when I used them again on the original documents (Word 2000) to check everything was fine.
The problem is with new documents where I get a message insisting I am over my 500 TUs and that I either need to relicense or buy one.
I've done this twice now, going through the relicense process, but I'm still getting the same message. I'm obviously going round in circles - can anyone tell me where I'm going wrong please.
Thanks
Suzi
Collapse

Lesley Clarke
Lesley Clarke  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 10:19
Spanish to English
When did you buy your license? Apr 17, 2010

If you bought your license over three years ago, it has run out. If not, you should probably write to wordfast and explain your problem and ask for help.

Susanna Garcia
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
WF Relicense Apr 17, 2010

Thanks - I have over a year to go on the license. I was hoping that someone from WF would see this post and reply, if not I'll contact them via the site.

Susanna Garcia
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
In memoriam
Third time lucky Apr 17, 2010

Well, I did it all again, just like before but this time it appears to have worked - go figure!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Classic- not accepting relicensing on new laptop

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »