Using an "any character+bracket+dot" sequence as an ESP in Wordfast
Thread poster: Questions

Questions
Local time: 02:40
Apr 19, 2010

Hello

I'm experimenting with Wordfast Classic in a text which has many instances of this " a character). " sequence (without quotes) in sentences.
When it's at the end of a sentence Wordfast segments it with the following one (two sentences together). Of course one could manually shrink them each time but...

I tried to add this " ). " in to ESP list but it seems Wordfast only accepts single characters there, hence it didn't work.

Ticking "a number + an esp end a segment" option in setup's segments tab seemingly did the job but I'm not sure if this may cause other problems (since it's unticked by default and there must be a reasonicon_smile.gif )

Any tips?

Regards

Q

[Edited at 2010-04-19 15:33 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Using an "any character+bracket+dot" sequence as an ESP in Wordfast

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search