Thread poster: Ioanna Orfanoudaki

Ioanna Orfanoudaki  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 11:26
French to Greek
+ ...
Apr 22, 2010

Hello,

I have just finished a translation project and would like to correct a term that appears in several segments without opening and closing them one by one... a very time-consuming job for a small correction... My file is still uncleaned, and I would like to make the changes now and update my TM at the same time, rather than cleaning my file, making the changes manually in my cleaned file and then updating the TM (also time-consuming, I guess...)

Is there any quick way of doing this?

Thanks in advance
Yanna

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Wordfast Classic Apr 22, 2010

I would just do a find/replace operation on a *copy* of the unclean file, and then say "yes" to the "update TM" option when cleaning up. I'm pretty sure this should do the trick.

Mafalda d'Orey de Faria  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 10:26
English to Portuguese
+ ...
In Trados? Apr 22, 2010

If you are working with Trados, do as follows:

Select the term in question in the opened source segment where the term occurs the first time.
Click on Concordance; a window opens where all segments where the terms occurs are visible in both versions.
Click on the the flag of the target language, make the correction and 'save'.

Do the same in all instances you want to correct.

On the uncleaned document, start on the first segment and do a fuzzy match. It will stop when the target segment is not as the correction you just did. Click on 'get' and proceed.
You will end with a corrected documetn and when you clean it the TM will also be a updated.

I hope it helps.

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
Wordpipe/excelpipe Apr 22, 2010

http://www.datamystic.com/freetrials.html has a free 30 day trial and is purportedly quite good at find/replace across multiple large files.

Good luck

Drew

Ioanna Orfanoudaki  Identity Verified
Belgium
French to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ta! Apr 22, 2010

Many thanks to all for your useful tips!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

correcting a given term in several segments

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search