Google Translate with 2.3.0
Thread poster: Miguel Llorens

Miguel Llorens  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2010

Hello,

I'm a longtime user of WF Classic who recently installed WF Pro 2.3.0. So far so good. Everything works OK, except the MT plugin. I get a frequent error message stating: "Failed to leverage segment" and adding that the connection to the Google server failed. Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this irritating glitch?

Direct link Reply with quote Turn social sharing on.
Like 4

Deborah Workman  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 16:14
Spanish to English
+ ...
Me, too Apr 23, 2010

Hi, Miguel

I don't have an answer, but I can say that I share your experience. I have posted a query on the Wordfast discussion group at Yahoo! and so far have not received a reply. My situation is that I'm working on a document with 4,000 segments. I find it interesting that I did not encounter the error message you mention initially, but around the time I reached segment 1,600, I started it and experiencing MT crashes. I also notice that every time the MT link crashes, all my committed segments (blue) become uncommitted (pink). I would not bother using WF Pro except that I have a client who requires it. I was quite happy with WF Classic myself!

Deborah

Like 6

Miguel Llorens  Identity Verified
Local time: 22:14
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I might migrate to Google Translate "cloud" altogether Apr 26, 2010

The problem with WF Classic is that Google blocks automatic MT searches because it interprets that your computer is a robot (also, I suppose, because use of Google's tool outside of their environment defeats the purpose of augmenting Google's memory). Anyway, if WF Pro keeps malfunctioning, I am seriously thinking of migrating to Google's translation environment.

Like 5

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google Translate with 2.3.0

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search