Opening Word files and file formats in WordFast Pro 6
Thread poster: flarrazabal

flarrazabal
Japan
Local time: 19:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 26, 2010

The question looks easy but, how can I open a Word file?

No file formats appear in Edit/Preferences/Filters/Formats (in this particular project).
Clicking on New, I can only choose between ASP, HTML, INX, JSP, Java Properties and Text based filters.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 12:43
English to Arabic
Install the latest version Apr 26, 2010

Biscaygo wrote:

No file formats appear in Edit/Preferences/Filters/Formats (in this particular project).
Clicking on New, I can only choose between ASP, HTML, INX, JSP, Java Properties and Text based filters.

Dear Biscaygo,

Apparently, you have a corrupted installation of an outdated version. Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

After installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro, just create a new project ("File" menu) and a new translation memory. Then "Open" the source file you want to translate ("File" menu); you can open even Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HTML files directly. Insert the translation in the target cell and move to the next segment using Alt+Down. After finalizing the translation, press Alt+End, "Save", and select "Save Translated file" from "File" menu to have the target translated file in the same original format. That is it!

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

flarrazabal
Japan
Local time: 19:43
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
corrupted Apr 26, 2010

Thanks!

I'll try that when I finish the project I'm doing now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening Word files and file formats in WordFast Pro 6

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search