Opening Word files and file formats in WordFast Pro 6
Thread poster: flarrazabal

flarrazabal
Japan
Local time: 11:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 26, 2010

The question looks easy but, how can I open a Word file?

No file formats appear in Edit/Preferences/Filters/Formats (in this particular project).
Clicking on New, I can only choose between ASP, HTML, INX, JSP, Java Properties and Text based filters.

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 04:54
English to Arabic
Install the latest version Apr 26, 2010

Biscaygo wrote:

No file formats appear in Edit/Preferences/Filters/Formats (in this particular project).
Clicking on New, I can only choose between ASP, HTML, INX, JSP, Java Properties and Text based filters.

Dear Biscaygo,

Apparently, you have a corrupted installation of an outdated version. Please download and install the latest version of Wordfast Professional available at:
http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html

After installing the latest version of Wordfast Pro, just create a new project ("File" menu) and a new translation memory. Then "Open" the source file you want to translate ("File" menu); you can open even Ms Word, Excel, PowerPoint and HTML files directly. Insert the translation in the target cell and move to the next segment using Alt+Down. After finalizing the translation, press Alt+End, "Save", and select "Save Translated file" from "File" menu to have the target translated file in the same original format. That is it!

I hope this helps. If you have any further questions, please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

flarrazabal
Japan
Local time: 11:54
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
corrupted Apr 26, 2010

Thanks!

I'll try that when I finish the project I'm doing now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening Word files and file formats in WordFast Pro 6

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search