Thread poster: Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
Local time: 22:38
English to Dutch
+ ...
Apr 29, 2010

Is it possible in Worfast to change/disable a shortcut?
In Dutch, and I assume in other languages too, we use " with a space because you can also use it to write ë/ü/ï etc.. This means I use the combination shift-"-space quite a lot. But this always confuses Wordfast to think I want to anlyse the job. Again. And again. And again. I did not know how often I used shift-space until I started working with WordFast. Is there any way to stop this?

Lori Cirefice
Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Classic? Version of Word? May 1, 2010

Not sure if you're talking about WFC, shift+space isn't assigned as a shortcut on my version of WFC, but anyhow, it's quite easy to delete/reassign shortcuts, you have to do it from the Word shortcuts menu.

Klemen Perko
Klemen Perko  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
English to Slovenian
+ ...
WF Pro 2.3.0 May 1, 2010

I had the same problem and I resolved it by removing the shortcut altogether. The procedure to do so is as follows:

a) in the main interface toolbox, choose Edit > Preferences. The Preferences (Filtered) screen appears.
b) in the left-hand navigation chose General > Text.
c) from the list in the window to the right of the navigation menu, select the Analyze command.

From here on, you have two options:
d1) to remove the shortcut altogether, click the Re
... See more
I had the same problem and I resolved it by removing the shortcut altogether. The procedure to do so is as follows:

a) in the main interface toolbox, choose Edit > Preferences. The Preferences (Filtered) screen appears.
c) from the list in the window to the right of the navigation menu, select the Analyze command.

d1) to remove the shortcut altogether, click the Remove Binding option just below the window. Then click Apply and OK on the bottom right.
d2) to assign a different key combination as the shortcut for the Analyze function, click in the binding window and adjust the preset key combinations to your preference. Click Apply and OK on the bottom right.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Best, Klemen.
Collapse

Wilmer Brouwer
Wilmer Brouwer
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Works! May 1, 2010

Klemen Perko wrote:

d1) to remove the shortcut altogether, click the Remove Binding option just below the window. Then click Apply and OK on the bottom right.
d2) to assign a different key combination as the shortcut for the Analyze function, click in the binding window and adjust the preset key combinations to your preference. Click Apply and OK on the bottom right.

Hope this resolves your issue.

Best, Klemen.

Thank you! This works and will definitely save me a lot of time and frustration.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Changing shortcut

Translation news related to Wordfast

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »