Does Wordfast Classic support .inx files?
Thread poster: Sandra Pontow

Sandra Pontow
Local time: 21:33
English to German
May 7, 2010

I am new to TMs and downloaded Wordfast Classic a week ago. Installing it and making it work took me hours, because I am not exactly technically adept, I am afraid.

The client I need a TM for let me know that the tool must support .inx files and that he requires memory in .txt format. I did see that Wordfast Pro supports .inx., what about the Classic version?

Thanks for your help.

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
it should be possible May 8, 2010

I'm pretty sure this kind of file can be handled with WFC, you would need to "tag" it before translation. This means that the file has to be prepared with some external utility such as plustools, tortoise tagger, preptags ... if you are not familiar with CAT tools at all, and not very computer savvy, you probably don't want to attempt it...

It would probably be easier to do it with WFP.

The TM format of WFC and WFP is the same, .txt, but you still should mention to your client that you are using Wordfast .txt format (it is not the same as Trados .txt format) to be sure that is ok for them. You can also export your .txt TM to the .tmx (translation memory exchange) format.

Adrien Esparron
Member (2007)
German to French
+ ...
I'm afraid not May 9, 2010

Sandra Pontow wrote:

I did see that Wordfast Pro supports .inx., what about the Classic version?

I never tried it, but it seems that INX format is not supported by WF Classic. Have a look at the point 3, here :

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Wordfast

Kind regards

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does Wordfast Classic support .inx files?

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search