Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 05:39
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
May 24, 2010

G'day everyone

If I have a Hunspell spell checking dictionary, what must I do to get it to work in WFP 2.3?

Thanks
Samuel

Direct link Reply with quote

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
preferences May 29, 2010

Hi Samuel,

You can access the preferences pane through the menu, Edit > Preferences. Once in the Prefs, there's a "Spelling" category on the left, sub-category "Hunspell".
If the "Spelling" category does not appear in the left pane, click on the icon that is located right after the search box (upper left) to access all preferences (w/o any filter).

By clicking on "Hunspell" and then on "Browse" I think you can link any Hunspell dictionary (I didn't try myself, those that are installed by default are sufficient for me).

Does this help?

Regards,
Aude

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What Browse is for May 29, 2010

Aude Sylvain wrote:
By clicking on "Hunspell" and then on "Browse" I think you can link any Hunspell dictionary (I didn't try myself, those that are installed by default are sufficient for me).

The Browse button lets you choose a folder where the Hunspell dictionaries reside. However, I have placed Hunspell dictionaries in the specified folder but it doesn't work.

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
Well... May 29, 2010

... I'm not surprised you tried that already in fact, reading your different posts in the forum you seem to be far better than me with Wordfast!

Sorry I can't help more.

I would suggest you send a message to Yasmin Moslem through the WFP group or directly at her email address, usually she replies very quickly.

Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
What the WFP mailing list said May 30, 2010

Aude Sylvain wrote:
I would suggest you send a message to Yasmin Moslem through the WFP group or directly at her email address, usually she replies very quickly.

The issue was actually discussed on the WFP mailing list recently. The answers seem to be that if your language is important enough, it's Hunspell dictionary will be included in WFP by default, and if it aint, then nothing.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to add spell-checker in WFP 2.3

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search