Thread poster: Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 15:21
English to French
+ ...
May 29, 2010

Hello,

I wish to align 2 files through Wordfast Pro. I could find a lot of information both in the WFP guide and in ProZ forums, but I cannot find a way to access the Wordfast aligner function/menus in WFP.

Could anyone help?

Thank you in advance,

I use WFP's latest version (2.3) on Windows 7 and Mac OSX Snow Leopard

(Edited for typo)

[Edited at 2010-05-29 19:27 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-05-29 19:29 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

John Di Rico  Identity Verified
France
Member (2006)
French to English
Not available for Mac yet Jun 5, 2010

Hello,
Look in your programs menu. WF Aligner is a separate program stored in the same folder as WF Pro when you install.

Good luck!
John Di Rico
Wordfast Trainer
www.wordfast.fr

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:21
Free Wordfast Anywhere Web Aligner Jun 10, 2010

Hi Aude,

Since the aligner in Wordfast Pro is not yet available for Mac OS, you can use the FREE Wordfast Anywhere web aligner to align your files. Just go to www.freetm.com, create a login, and then, once logged in, go to tools > align your files. WFA will prompt you to upload your source and target files (not to exceed 5,000 segments each). Once you upload the files, WFA will send you either a TMX or TXT translation memory via email. (as with all alignment tools, please be sure to verify that the TUs are properly aligned). Currently, the WFA web aligner can be used to align the following languages - EN, ES, PT, FR, DE, IT, NL and the following file types - doc, xls, ppt, rtf, htm, inx and mif.

Hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks both! Jun 10, 2010

Thank you John and Kristyna,

John thanks for the tip, I will look into in my program folders.

Kristyna, thak you - I do use WFA's aligner, however several times I merely got a failure email, without specific reason (the aligned docs were not huge, neither of an unknown format etc). Hence my try to use WFP's function.

I used WFC's aligner several times, and then used the WFC's menu to create a TM from the aligned files, but WFP would not accept these TMs (whatever the format - ttx or tmx), pretending it can't read them...).

I hope using the WFP aligner function will solve these problems...

Thank you both for your help,

Aude

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Access to Aligner function/menus in WFP

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search