installing +Tool in MS Word 2007 (Windows)
Thread poster: Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain
Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:51
English to French
+ ...
May 29, 2010

Hello,

could anyone help with the installation of +Tools in MS Word 2007 (Windows)?

The "Tools/Templates Add-in" menu referred to in the installation instructions does not appear in Word 2007 any longer.

And for any reason I have an error message when I try to save the template in the MS Word template folder (access not authorised, please consult your administrator... while I am the administrator!)

Many thanks in advance

Gerard de Noord
Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Add-Inns in Word 2007 May 29, 2010

Hi Aude,

Some things are more complicated in Word 2007 but this is how I did it.

Unzip ptools.zip in the folder C:\Users\Aude\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.

Click on the Office button, then click on Word Options. Click on Popular in the left pane, enable the option Show Developer tab in the Ribbon and click on OK.

Open the Developer tab and click on Document Template. Enable PlusTools.dot on the Templates tab each time you need it.
... See more
Hi Aude,

Some things are more complicated in Word 2007 but this is how I did it.

Unzip ptools.zip in the folder C:\Users\Aude\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates.

Click on the Office button, then click on Word Options. Click on Popular in the left pane, enable the option Show Developer tab in the Ribbon and click on OK.

Open the Developer tab and click on Document Template. Enable PlusTools.dot on the Templates tab each time you need it.

Regards,
Gerard
Collapse

Aude Sylvain
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Perfect, thank you! May 29, 2010

Hi Gerald,

Great, it worked. Many thanks for your clear explanations,

Kind regards

Aude

István Hirsch
István Hirsch  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
If you are using Word 2007... Dec 29, 2010

http://tips4pc.com/word-2007/how_to_use_a_custom_watermark_on.htm

Aude Sylvain
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you István Dec 29, 2010

... I don't know why your answer 'jumped' to that thread while you were replying to this one I think: http://www.proz.com/forum/office_applications/188416-ms_word_applying_a_watermark_only_on_some_pages_of_a_document_[resolved].html

Many thanks - I also found a MS Word KB article in the interim: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/brand-a-document-with-a-watermark-or-background-HA010097032.aspx?CTT=5&origin=HA010244694#BM4

Have a nice day!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

installing +Tool in MS Word 2007 (Windows)

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »