WF PRO, can't save translated .docx file (error)
Thread poster: Krzysztof Kajetanowicz
Krzysztof Kajetanowicz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 15:57
English to Polish
+ ...
Jun 12, 2010

Hi,

When trying to Save Translated File, I get the following error:

java.util.EmptyStackException

The problem is only with .docx files (i.e. saving the target text of a .docx.txml as a .docx).

I'm using PRO v. 2.3 with all current updates (except for some dictionaries) under Vista.

Rebooting the computer or launching WF by opening the .txml directly from Windows hasn't helped.

What has helped is converting the original .docx file to .doc, changing "docx" do "doc" in the .txml file using Notepad and saving the target .doc file. Obviously, not a real solution.

Any tips?

[Edited at 2010-06-12 12:12 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 16:57
English to Arabic
Pre-Translate Jun 12, 2010

Dear Krzysztof,

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote:

Please try to completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "No". (Make sure you first back up your glossaries, if any.) Then, try installing again, hopefully it could resolve that.

As you run Windows Vista, it is better usually to turn off the UAC during installing, licensing and updating Wordfast Pro. You can turn it on later:
(Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> (un-check) Use User Account Control) -> Re-start your computer.

If this does not help, open a fresh copy of the DOCX file and pre-translate it using the toolbar button Translate All.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-06-12 12:31 GMT]

Irene Elmerot  Identity Verified
Sweden
Dutch to Swedish
+ ...
Same problem on Mac OS 10.6.8 Aug 22, 2011

I just got the exact same problem.
Thanks to the idea from Krzysztof, I opened the txml files in TextWrangler and replaced all "docx" with "doc" (one in each file), and that solved it – albeit not a pretty solution. SO a big Thank you! to Krzysztof for letting me know I could do such a thing.

No other ideas except uninstalling?

Kind regards,
/Irene Elmerot
MacBook Pro, Wordfast Pro 2.4.2, Mac OS 10.6.8

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

Dear Krzysztof,

Krzysztof Kajetanowicz wrote:

Please try to completely uninstall Wordfast Pro. When you are asked to keep configuration files, answer with "No". (Make sure you first back up your glossaries, if any.) Then, try installing again, hopefully it could resolve that.

As you run Windows Vista, it is better usually to turn off the UAC during installing, licensing and updating Wordfast Pro. You can turn it on later:
(Control Panel -> User Accounts -> Turn User Account Control on or off -> (un-check) Use User Account Control) -> Re-start your computer.

If this does not help, open a fresh copy of the DOCX file and pre-translate it using the toolbar button Translate All.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-06-12 12:31 GMT]

[Edited at 2011-08-22 10:53 GMT]

uytteb  Identity Verified
Belgium
French to Dutch
+ ...
Same problem with .doc file Sep 9, 2014

I have the exact same problem, but with a .doc file. I tried changing the file name, copying the text and pasting it in a blank document, and then pre-translating that new file - no success. I am rather unwilling to uninstall and re-install.

Any ideas?

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 16:57
English to Arabic
TransCheck Sep 10, 2014

uytteb wrote:

I have the exact same problem, but with a .doc file. I tried changing the file name, copying the text and pasting it in a blank document, and then pre-translating that new file - no success.

The last time I handled this error, the problem was that there was a missing tag {ut} in a segment; when I added it, I could save the file.

Please make sure you always run TransCheck on tags before saving files: Edit > Preferences > TransCheck > select "Tag" (Apply)) and then use the toolbar button TransCheck; insert and correct the missing or the mismatched placeables.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

KateKaminski
Local time: 14:57
German to English
Seconded Sep 11, 2014

Yasmin Moslem wrote:

uytteb wrote:

I have the exact same problem, but with a .doc file. I tried changing the file name, copying the text and pasting it in a blank document, and then pre-translating that new file - no success.

The last time I handled this error, the problem was that there was a missing tag {ut} in a segment; when I added it, I could save the file.

Please make sure you always run TransCheck on tags before saving files: Edit > Preferences > TransCheck > select "Tag" (Apply)) and then use the toolbar button TransCheck; insert and correct the missing or the mismatched placeables.

Kind regards,
Yasmin

I had a nightmare a while ago which sounds similar to your problem. It turned out to be extremely quick and easy to fix.

The tag no. might be in the error message. If not, run TransCheck to find the missing tag - it should take under 5 minutes

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF PRO, can't save translated .docx file (error)

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search