ESP settings have changed and can't be reset.
Thread poster: Sonia Hill

Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:03
Italian to English
Jun 16, 2010

I use Wordfast v. 5.25e and have never had any trouble with it. However, today my end-of-segment settings have mysteriously changed to the value "1" and cannot be reset or changed in anyway. With the ESP set as 1, Wordfast seems to segment on the basis of paragraphs. It lets me change it to sentence segmentation using the segmentation tab, but this doesn't take into account semicolons, etc. and I just want my old default settings back.

I have tried resetting the the ESP using the general tab and clicking reset. It appears to work, I save the changes and then the value just returns to 1. I have tried changing the settings manually, but the same thing happens. It is the same for all my translation memories.

I think the change must have occured when I opened a Trados .tmx memory using Wordfast. Could this have done something to my settings? I've never had any trouble using .tmx files before.

Does anyone know how I can change it back?

Direct link Reply with quote

P Forgas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 20:03
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Reinstall Jun 16, 2010

I would reinstall Wordfast.

P.

Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
My licence has expired Jun 17, 2010

I think you may be right. Unfortunately, my licence is over 3 years old and has therefore expired, so I can't reinstall it the version I am currently using.

It probably is time to update to the latest version and buy a new licence. I have definitely had my money's worth. However, I was hoping to be able to put this off for a little longer.

I seem to remember that last time my licence expired, various little glitches started occurring and that is what prompted me to get a new licence. Maybe that time has come again!

Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Reinstallation worked Jun 17, 2010

Just to let you know, I removed all the old Wordfast files from my computer, installed the latest version and found that my licence is still valid. This also appears to have resolved the problem

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ESP settings have changed and can't be reset.

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search