Error with Wordfast. All word docs in Wordfast formatl
Thread poster: marie ryan

marie ryan
Local time: 05:16
Spanish to English
+ ...
Jun 19, 2010

I have been happily using wordfast for several years. For three weeks now, all my WORD documents , whether translated in Wordfast or not, appear on screen in the Wordfast format.
When I 'clean up' the screen remains with the paragraph signs, dots for spaces and is generally illegible for my clients . The page prints normally, but the screen shows all the Wordfast signs. All documents I wish to view or send to clients are displayed in this format. I have tried to delete /uninstall wordfast but still everything remains in the style. I cannot write a page on Word without the style and signs appearing. How can I rectify quickly?

Direct link Reply with quote

Gerard de Noord  Identity Verified
France
Member (2003)
German to Dutch
+ ...
Nothing's wrong Jun 19, 2010

It's a just a view setting, that's why you can't print them.
Go to Tools/Options/View and uncheck the option that applies to showing paragraph breaks etc.
Or click the button on the toolbar that has a ¶ on it.

Cheers,
Gerard

marie ryan
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
problem solved Jun 20, 2010

Hi Gerard

Thank you so much for this timely reply. I am delighted there was nothing seriously wrong. Thank you for your simple explanation.

Regards
Marie

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error with Wordfast. All word docs in Wordfast formatl

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search