Proofreading in Wordfast Pro using Trados TM
Thread poster: svenfrade

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:55
French to German
+ ...
Jun 21, 2010

I have received a rather large Excel file to proofread, which would not be a problem if I did not have to use the TM and therefore do it using Wordfast.

I am really not sure how to go about it and would appreciate some help.

I opened the column of the file to be translated and used the Translate All option to fill in the translation from the TM provided. The problem is that the segments don't always match, so I get no translation at all for some target segments. Is there any way that WF will adjust the source segments to the provided TM automatically, so all segments can be translated from the TM and I can simply make any necessary changes in the target segments? And if so, how would I activate this feature?

TIA!

Direct link Reply with quote

Egils Turks  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 06:55
Member (2009)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Lower Fuzzy threshold Jun 21, 2010

Hello,

The first thing that came to my mind is lowering Fuzzy threshold.
If it's, for example, 75% then make it 70% or 65%.

[Edited at 2010-06-21 14:40 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Proofreading in Wordfast Pro using Trados TM

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search