Error in Wordfast Aligner
Thread poster: maddy08

maddy08  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:23
English to Italian
+ ...
Jun 21, 2010

I get this error message when creating a new project in Aligner. I've just purchased Wordfast Pro 3.2 and need to align a lot of existing translation.

This is the text of the error message:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.gs4tr.globalalign.ui.utilities.ComponentUtilities.getDefaultLoadFile(ComponentUtilities.java:1531)
at org.gs4tr.globalalign.workers.NewProjectWorker.doInBackground(NewProjectWorker.java:292)
at org.gs4tr.globalalign.workers.NewProjectWorker.doInBackground(NewProjectWorker.java:1)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I'd appreciate it if anyone could help as I have sent an email to WF Hotline and got no reply.

Thank you.

Maddalena Giovanaz

[Modificato alle 2010-06-21 13:37 GMT]

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 08:23
Please send me your files Jun 21, 2010

Hi Maddalena,

In order to resolve this, could you please send me the files that you used to create the TM. You can send them directly to kmarrero@wordfast.com.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

maddy08  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:23
English to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no reply from WF Support Jun 23, 2010

I've submitted a ticket on the hotline and posted this entry on this forum and all I got back was a request to send the files I was trying to align. I'm still waitng to hear from the WF Support to tell me what the problem might be but I'm becoming really frustrated as I bought the license on 15 June and have not been able to use Aligner since then.

Is there any other way of getting in touch with technical support??

Tahnks.
Maddalena

Myrene
Local time: 14:23
French to Dutch
+ ...
Same here! Aug 5, 2010

Same here!
Figured out the following:

When you try to make a project with multiple files, some get placed in the project as they should be, others will get the error. The error seems to occur randomly. If you try to add the file manually, Aligner will give you another error: "Add document error".

Apparently CAT-tools have a lot to do with java, at least Trados does, so I'm guessing that's what triggers the error. I don't know anything about java, so I don't really know which settings I should change to see if it's indeed java causing this problem.

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
English to Arabic
Disable Track Changes Aug 5, 2010

maddy08 wrote:

I get this error message when creating a new project in Aligner
java.lang.NullPointerException

Dear All,

When you receive such error message in Wordfast Aligner, the first thing to think about is Track Changes. Open the files causing the problem in MS Word and disable "Track Changes"; save.

To do so in MS Word 2007, under “Review”:

- Accept > Accept all changes in document
- Make sure that “Track Changes” is off. If it is in orange colour, click on it to disable it.
- Save the doc file.

In MS Word previous versions, you should find similar options under Tools > Track changes.

Now, try again to add the original doc file (after disabling "Track Changes") in WF Aligner; it should work now.

I hope this helps. Please let me know.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

[Edited at 2010-08-05 13:54 GMT]

Myrene
French to Dutch
+ ...
It works! Aug 6, 2010

Thank you so much Yasmin, it works!
Should've thought of that myself...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error in Wordfast Aligner

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search