Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
Wordfast Pro 2.4 officially released
Thread poster: Kristyna Marrero

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 19:15
Jun 21, 2010

Hi Everyone,

I am pleased to announce that Wordfast Pro 2.4 for Windows is now available (Mac and Linux versions will follow shortly). This release contains over 60 enhancements including:

- Improved support for Right-to-Left and CJK languages
- Auto-complete feature for proper nouns and numbers (placeables)
- Improved Custom Segmentation Interface
- Configurable Transcheck options including the following quality check features:
* Blacklist
* Numbers
* Untranslatable text
* Terminology
- New TXT filter
- Customizable User Interface
- Automatic Fuzzy Terminology Recognition
And much more!

You can download WFP 2.4 from our website here - http://www.wordfast.com/store_download.html .
PLEASE NOTE: You must download WFP 2.4 from our website. You cannot use the update feature in the help menu.

If you are an existing Wordfast Classic license holder, you can install and license Wordfast Pro for free. Just follow the steps here to retrieve your license - http://www.wordfast.com/support_relicensewfp.html

As always, thank you for your support.

Sincerely,

Kristyna Marrero

[Edited at 2010-06-21 15:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2010-06-21 15:07 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Thanks Jun 22, 2010

Thank you Kristyna.

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:15
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Why not 3.0 Jun 22, 2010

According to your schedule, you were supposed to have released Wordfast 3.0 in May (correct me if I'm wrong).

So, now, end of June, you release 2.4 instead. Why is development so slow? And while you add a few features you generate an equal number of problems (just compare the "release notes" and "known problems" lists: they both comprise 19 elements!).

[Edited at 2010-06-22 16:07 GMT]

Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 02:15
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Doesn't even work for me Jun 22, 2010

Anyway, I downloaded and installed the 2.4 version, and thought it would be a good idea to create a test project and see the new features.

I type the name for the new project, set the languages for source and target, click OK and… nothing happens. I click OK again… and nothing happens.

So, basically, I cannot even use the program anymore.

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Trying to reproduce this Jun 23, 2010

Hi Epameinondas,

I am sorry to hear you're having this problem. I checked with some other users, who report they can create a new project with no issues – I also was able to do it myself. If you are still able to reproduce this issue, let me know and I’ll have someone from support contact you.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Anahit Simonyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 03:15
Member (2010)
English to Armenian
+ ...
Wordfast group buy Jun 24, 2010

Hi Kristina,

I am interested in acquiring Wordfast Pro 2.4 through the current ProZ group buy. Can you clarify one thing for me: if I commit to buying it now, will I receive my Wordfast license on July 7, whether the 15 members join the purchase or no? This is important for me because I want to get it soon and cannot wait for another indefinite time. Thank you.

Drew MacFadyen
SITE STAFF
ProZ.com Translator Group Buy program Jun 24, 2010

We cannot guarantee that the sale will be permitted to go through if the full 15 commitments are not reached. We may elect to proceed, and may not.

If you are concerned about being able to purchase by that date/time you can always purchase through the ProZ.com store at http://www.proz.com/shop

The store offers a 13% discount (not as deep a discount as the group buy) but still a good discount.

Hope to see you join the group buy with 14 others so the sale may proceed.

Regards,

Drew

Anahit Simonyan  Identity Verified
Armenia
Local time: 03:15
Member (2010)
English to Armenian
+ ...
Remain committed after the closing date? Jun 24, 2010

Thank you Drew for your reply. I want to join the group, but one uncertainty keeps me back. It is noted in the group by that "By clicking commit below, you signify your intention to buy the package as soon as enough members join you. Please note that a $25 fee may be charged if you back out of this commitment after the group buy has closed successfully".
In case no enough members join and the group buy does not close, I don't want to stay committed after this date -June 7, because I'd like to purchase it in another method and I don't want to be charged a $25 fee in that case.
Can you assure whether this is or is not the case? Thanks.

JAMTranslations
United States
Local time: 16:15
Member (2005)
French to English
+ ...
what about the Mac update? Jun 24, 2010

Hi Kristyna -

glad to hear the Windows update is out. When can we expect the Mac version, please?

thanks,
Joy

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Mac Version Jun 24, 2010

Hi Joy,

The mac version will be released at the end of next week. I will post a notification in this forum.

Sincerely,

Kristyna

xxxwonita
China
Wordfast Pro licence Jun 25, 2010

The licence for Wordfast Pro seems to be valid for only 3 years from the date of purchase. Do I have to buy a new licence afterwards?

United States
TOPIC STARTER
Renew your license after 3 years Jun 25, 2010

Hi Bin,

Yes after 3 years, your license will expire. You can purchase a license renewal for 50% of the full list price of a license at the time of renewal. You can do this by logging into the Wordfast support system and clicking on 'purchase a license renewal.'

Sincerely,

Kristyna

Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:15
English to Spanish
3 year licensing for wordfast Jul 2, 2010

Kristyna Marrero wrote:

Yes, after 3 years, your license will expire. You can purchase a license renewal for 50% of the full list price of a license at the time of renewal. You can do this by logging into the Wordfast support system and clicking on 'purchase a license renewal.'

Kristyna

What is the rationale for setting the 3 year period ?

Ulf Samuelsson  Identity Verified
Mexico
Local time: 18:15
Member (2007)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Wordfast still slow with large memories Jul 18, 2010

I still have trouble using Wordfast Professional with large memories (400,000 TUs or more). Going from segment to segment isn't any problem, but when I want to do a search in the memory, then it takes 45 seconds before I get any results. Apart from not being very productive, it is annoying to have to wait so long before I can continue.

This means that I cannot use my EU TM for any jobs with Wordfast (and neither my Microsoft TM nor my general TM, which both are much larger).

Am I the only one who have trouble with large memories? Is it possibly a problem only in Windows?

This is som info on my setup:
Windows 7
Wordfast build timestamp=20100618-1206
java.vm.version=10.0-b23

Changing the memory setting to 1024 MB or 1470 MB don't seem to have any visible effect.

Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Member (2008)
English to French
Ditto Jul 18, 2010

Ulf Samuelsson wrote:

I still have trouble using Wordfast Professional with large memories (400,000 TUs or more). Going from segment to segment isn't any problem, but when I want to do a search in the memory, then it takes 45 seconds before I get any results. Apart from not being very productive, it is annoying to have to wait so long before I can continue.

This means that I cannot use my EU TM for any jobs with Wordfast (and neither my Microsoft TM nor my general TM, which both are much larger).

Am I the only one who have trouble with large memories? Is it possibly a problem only in Windows?

This is som info on my setup:
Windows 7
Wordfast build timestamp=20100618-1206
java.vm.version=10.0-b23

Changing the memory setting to 1024 MB or 1470 MB don't seem to have any visible effect.

I'm "forced" to use Worfast Pro because of a client but I need to run Trados concurrently for my concordance searches since as Ulf mentioned it takes forever (relatively) to search the memory in Wordfast. Same thing for running my general memory - it takes 2-3 seconds per cell... when you have a 5000 cell document that means it can take up to 2 hours... and it's definitely the software not my hardware.

One question - is there a way to deactivate the Shift+space bar shortcut for the analysis - I mistakenly activate it every time I'm typing something in CAPS...

I've been working with Wordfast Pro for over a year and it still feels like a beta...

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro 2.4 officially released

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search