Can't open Word file in Wordfast Pro
Thread poster: svenfrade

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 05:46
French to German
+ ...
Jun 28, 2010

I have been using Wordfast Pro for quite a while now but I have never encountered the following problem before:

I created a new project and a new TM, but when I tried to open the file to be translated I got this error message: There was a problem while writing txml document.

I have no idea why this is happening and how I can solve this problem. I really need WF for my project since it is rather large with quite a lot of repetitions in several different files. I am not at all happy with this and any help would be very much appreciated.

TIA.

Direct link Reply with quote

Dragomir Kovacevic  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to Serbian
+ ...
me too, but solved it Jun 28, 2010

linkweaver,

you should do a clean install of a latest version, not an upload or install over a previous version. I had this problem for a long time and it kept me away from using WfP.

dragomir

inkweaver wrote:

I have been using Wordfast Pro for quite a while now but I have never encountered the following problem before:

I created a new project and a new TM, but when I tried to open the file to be translated I got this error message: There was a problem while writing txml document.

I have no idea why this is happening and how I can solve this problem. I really need WF for my project since it is rather large with quite a lot of repetitions in several different files. I am not at all happy with this and any help would be very much appreciated.

TIA.

svenfrade  Identity Verified
Germany
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks, but Jun 29, 2010

that didn't work unfortunately.
I sent the files to WF support, but no reply yet.

Kristyna Marrero  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 23:46
Please send me your files Jun 29, 2010

Hi Inkweaver,

I am unable to locate your files in the Wordfast support system. Can you please send them to me directly via email (kmarrero@wordfast.com) and let me know your OS and version of Wordfast Pro?

Sincerely,

Kristyna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't open Word file in Wordfast Pro

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search