Thread poster: Oliver Dirs
Oliver Dirs
Oliver Dirs  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:46
Swedish to English
+ ...
Jul 10, 2010

Hi. I've just switched to WF Pro because of problems I was having with Classic. I've got WF Pro working so that it copies source to target segments when there's no match and it also highlights terms from my glossary in different colours. BUT it doesn't copy over those terms into the target segment. Is there something I need to do to activate this?

Incidentally, the online help in Pro doesn't seem to be working for me.

Regards,
Oliver

Stefan Stefanov
Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 07:46
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
Use keyboard shorcuts Jul 11, 2010

Hi,

When in the source text there's a match from your Terminology list, it will be coloured in dark red. When you hover your mouse it will display the target translation.

Use CTRL + ALT + 9 to highlight (select) it - its colour will turn bright red/orange - then use CTRL + ALT + 0 to place the target word/phrase in your target translation.

Just tested this again in WF Pro 2.4.0

Yasmin Moslem
Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 06:46
English to Arabic
Settings Jul 11, 2010

Oliver Dirs wrote:

BUT it doesn't copy over those terms into the target segment. Is there something I need to do to activate this?

Dear Oliver,

In Wordfast Pro (2.3/2.4), you have three options under Edit menu > Preferences > Terminology; you can select one option to be applied during the use of the toolbar button "Copy Source" or Alt+Insert:

- Copy only source.
- Copy only target glossary terms.
- Copy both source and target glossary terms.

Hope this helps!

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

Oliver Dirs
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Fixed - thanks! Jul 11, 2010

Hi thanks for the replies. I got this working but I think it could have been better explained in the user manual. Perhaps the default option for the terminology should be "copy target"?

Regards,
Oliver

Oliver Dirs
United Kingdom
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Apparently not fixed... Jul 14, 2010

I thought I'd fixed this but apparently not. I'm working on a new document now, I've got "Copy source on no match" marked under Translation Memory and "Copy only target glossary terms" marked under Terminology. When I move to a new segement the source text is copied over but not the target terms from my glossary. However, when I press Alt+Insert the source text is copied witih my target terms. What do I need to do so that this happens automatically when I move to a new segement?!

Th
... See more
I thought I'd fixed this but apparently not. I'm working on a new document now, I've got "Copy source on no match" marked under Translation Memory and "Copy only target glossary terms" marked under Terminology. When I move to a new segement the source text is copied over but not the target terms from my glossary. However, when I press Alt+Insert the source text is copied witih my target terms. What do I need to do so that this happens automatically when I move to a new segement?!

Thanks in advance,
Oliver
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro: not copying terms in glossary

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »