WF Pro: There was a problem while writing TXML doc
Thread poster: Miguel Llorens

Miguel Llorens  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:18
English to Spanish
+ ...
Jul 19, 2010

Hello:

I am working on Wondows 7 with WF Pro 2.4.0 and I get this error message after creating a project and trying to load a file: "There was a problem while wiritng txml document." Does anybody have a solution or should I just begin the migration to open source?

Direct link Reply with quote

transmixer  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 16:18
English to Chinese
+ ...
temporary solution Aug 22, 2010

Miguel Llorens wrote:

Hello:

I am working on Wondows 7 with WF Pro 2.4.0 and I get this error message after creating a project and trying to load a file: "There was a problem while wiritng txml document." Does anybody have a solution or should I just begin the migration to open source?

Temporary solution is found IF YOU'VE DONE PROJECTS WITH WFP BEFORE:

Completely uninstall WFP including user data (you can manually backup them in advance), and reinstall the program. Everything should be ok after that.

Note: I happened to manually delete .eclipse folder in my home directory (C:\Users\xxx\) in advance, and I doesn't know whether it matters or not.

By the way, do you know any convenient open source CAT software that is good enough? I'm always looking for something like that. Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

WF Pro: There was a problem while writing TXML doc

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search