Wordfast Classic vs. Word 2010 - spell check
Thread poster: Matthew Butt

Matthew Butt
Local time: 10:22
French to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2010

I've been asked by a client to use Word 2010 for a new translation job. I've downloaded the trial version from the Microsoft website in the hope that I'll finish the job before the trial runs out. (All program features are available in the trial mode, but only for a limited amount of time.)

Since I'm using the program, I thought I'd also see how it works with Wordfast, and with the latest Wordfast Classic version, it seems to work pretty much as I've always experienced with my much older version of Word (2003).

There's just one problem: when I validate my first segment, the spell checker then goes on to check the whole of the remaining text as well (fortunately in the source language). If I cancel the process, then it tries again after the second segment, and so on. It's not a huge problem, but it is a time-waster and an annoyance, as it picks up on all the proper nouns, which it will pick up again when I validate each segment in the target language.

Has anyone else experienced this? And, if so, is there a way to stop it happening?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Direct link Reply with quote

Magdalena Szewciów  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:22
Member (2008)
English to Polish
+ ...
same here Jul 23, 2010

I've had the same problem since I started using WF Classic on Word 2007 - again it worked perfectly on Word 2003.
Sadly, I had to disable the feature because it was a pain in the neck.

If there's a solution, I'll be glad to use it.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic vs. Word 2010 - spell check

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search