Wordfast Classic vs. Word 2010 - spell check
Thread poster: Matthew Butt

Matthew Butt
Local time: 17:46
French to English
+ ...
Jul 23, 2010

I've been asked by a client to use Word 2010 for a new translation job. I've downloaded the trial version from the Microsoft website in the hope that I'll finish the job before the trial runs out. (All program features are available in the trial mode, but only for a limited amount of time.)

Since I'm using the program, I thought I'd also see how it works with Wordfast, and with the latest Wordfast Classic version, it seems to work pretty much as I've always experienced with my much older version of Word (2003).

There's just one problem: when I validate my first segment, the spell checker then goes on to check the whole of the remaining text as well (fortunately in the source language). If I cancel the process, then it tries again after the second segment, and so on. It's not a huge problem, but it is a time-waster and an annoyance, as it picks up on all the proper nouns, which it will pick up again when I validate each segment in the target language.

Has anyone else experienced this? And, if so, is there a way to stop it happening?

Thanks in advance,

Matthew

Magdalena Szewciów  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 18:46
Member (2008)
English to Polish
+ ...
same here Jul 23, 2010

I've had the same problem since I started using WF Classic on Word 2007 - again it worked perfectly on Word 2003.icon_frown.gif
Sadly, I had to disable the feature because it was a pain in the neck.

If there's a solution, I'll be glad to use it.icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Classic vs. Word 2010 - spell check

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search