Wordfast Pro: Empty Translated INX File
Thread poster: arnaudh
arnaudh
United States
Local time: 04:26
English to French
Jul 27, 2010

I just started using Wordfast Pro 2.4.0.1. First I was using the demo version. Then I bought the full version. I'm starting to regret it.

I localized about 30% of an INX file, but when trying to save the translated file, all I get is an empty INX file (zero Kb). The source INX file is valid (it opens fine in InDesign), the TM file seems fine... I don't understand why I can't export a valid translated INX file. Could it be because I haven't localized the whole file?

[Edited at 2010-07-27 21:20 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Yasmin Moslem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 14:26
English to Arabic
INX Jul 28, 2010

arnaudh wrote:

I localized about 30% of an INX file, but when trying to save the translated file, all I get is an empty INX file (zero Kb). The source INX file is valid (it opens fine in InDesign), the TM file seems fine... I don't understand why I can't export a valid translated INX file. Could it be because I haven't localized the whole file?

Dear Arnaud,

INX files are very sensitive. Having only one missing placeable could spoil the whole target file. So you have to use TransCheck to make sure that all the placeables are there. Having empty target segments could have a negative result, as well.

Using Expand/Shrink segment is forbidden for complicated files such as INX files especially when a segment includes placeables.

If you are not the one who generated the TXML file, missing the .skl file will result in 0kb target file. This is needed and should be in the same folder to be able to save the translated .inx file.

Please check the above-mentioned points, and if the problem persists, please use your Hotline service. To open a new hotline ticket, log-in (wordfast.net > support > login) with your login email and password mentioned on your invoice. Click on 'Contact the Hotline' and click on 'Hotline/support for Wordfast Professional'. Submit your ticket.

---
Best regards,
Yasmin Moslem

Wordfast Support Team
www.wordfast.com | www.wordfast.net

arnaudh
United States
Local time: 04:26
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Still no luck Jul 28, 2010

Thanks. Still no luck. The file is 100% localized, all placeables look fine, but everytime I try saving a translated file, I only get a zero Kb INX file with nothing in it.

I've been running Transcheck, but it's not giving me any warnings either.

[Edited at 2010-07-28 12:57 GMT]

lindarybicka
Local time: 13:26
English to Czech
+ ...
name of the source file, the .txml and the .skl file Jun 18, 2012

I've had the same problem, checked all of the points mentioned and still received an empty file - when I realized that I saved the txml as "a copy of..." It helped to change it back to have identical names of the source file, .skl file and .txml file, i.e. except for the extension.

Linda

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Wordfast Pro: Empty Translated INX File

Advanced search

Translation news related to Wordfast

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search